|Photo credit: Rhonda (aka Ritty)|
Photo (Inspiration) Challenge
Entries must be presented in the form of a "blurb", which you would find on the inside or back cover of a book. Imagine the photo above is the cover photo for the front of your book. Ask yourself: What story is begging to be told through this picture? What title would match this cover photo?
"There are many reasons for choosing a book, but most involve a summary of the story that draws you in. It turns out that the inside jacket cover may be the most important piece of writing that an author produces. Once the book is in hands, it's often those few paragraphs that decide whether or not the reader will commit. It's the first impression; the not so subtle flirt that seduces us into the story. It must deliver enough character, setting and story to cause us to beg for more."
- Think! Any entries/comments deemed inappropriate by the author of this blog will be deleted. Please use common sense and courtesy for other readers before posting.
- Remember! Grammar, spelling and punctuation count.
- Suggestion: Ask a friend to edit your "blurb" before submitting it as your final entry.
- Winners! The top two winners will be announced the day after the contest ends. This will be part of a special blog post, in which their winning entry will be highlighted.
- Surprise! There will be a panel of judges (consisting of published authors), evaluating and deciding upon the top two winning entries. The judges will also be preparing a surprise gift for those in the top two & sharing words of advice during the special blog post.
Say, "Hello!" to our judges by clicking on their names below!
- Share! Feel free to share a link to your blog, especially if you have expanded the "blurb" into a full story.
- Deadline!! ALL ENTRIES must be submitted in the comment area OR by "linking up" at the bottom of this post by Friday, June 28th, 2013 ~ MIDNIGHT ~ EST in order to be considered by the judges.
- *You're more than welcome to share an entry you come up with at a later time in the comment area, but any posted after the deadline will not be considered as a part of this contest.
Make sure to share this writing opportunity with all your writing friends!
Now, let's have some fun!