Entries must be presented in the form of a "blurb", which you would typically find on the inside or back jacket cover of a book. Imagine the photo above is the cover photo for the front of your book. Ask yourself: What story is begging to be told through this picture? How would you summarize it to best catch the readers attention?
Need help? Read past (Blurb) Writing Challenge entries:
- Think! Any entries/comments deemed inappropriate by the author of this blog will be deleted. Please use common sense and courtesy for other readers before posting.
- Remember! Grammar, spelling and punctuation count.
- Suggestion: Ask a friend to edit your "blurb" before submitting it as your final entry.
- Winners! The top two winners will be announced the day after the contest ends. This will be part of a special blog post, in which their winning entry will be highlighted.
- Surprise! There will be a panel of judges (consisting of published authors), evaluating and deciding upon the top two winning entries. The judges will also be preparing a surprise gift for those in the top two & sharing words of advice during the special blog post.
- Share! Feel free to share a link to your blog, especially if you have expanded the "blurb" into a full story.
- Deadline!! ALL ENTRIES must be submitted in the comment area OR by "linking up" at the bottom of this post by MIDNIGHT (EST) ~ Sunday, September 1st, 2013 in order to be considered by the judges.
more than welcome to share an entry you come up with at a later time in
the comment area, but any posted after the deadline will not be
considered as a part of this contest.
Make sure to share this writing opportunity with all your writing friends!
Now, let's have some fun!